Monday, October 11, 2004

$chool

Tomorrow Super Girl has her school pictures taken. I'm excited about this. Except for the price. We recieved a list of packages and pricing about a week ago. This is jacked up. I'm a photographer, part of my job is to sell photo packages. The packages I peddle are reasonably priced and everything in there is pretty standard. The packages on this sheet are jacked up, nothing is standard. The packages I sell are based on sheets - as in 1 8X10 or 2 5X7's or 4 3.5X5's or 8 wallets - well sell combinations of sheets, like 8 wallets and 2 5X7 or you can purchase just a sheet of photos. The photo people doing the school photos isn't offering things like that. Though they do offer per sheet ordering it's only WITH package purchase. I'm irritated with the package selections as the lower priced options only include 2 wallet sized photos. So I'm going to have to purchase a larger package than I want so I can have as many wallets that I need (14, which is actually more than I need, but it'se either 2 in the small packages, 12 if you order as an added extra or 14 in the other packages). ugh... but I digress....

Why is school costing me so damn much money? The first 9 weeks is not quite over and I've paid for a fund raiser item, book club books (which I didn't mind), identification cards, pizza night, school photos and class snacks. I know that in a week there is another school event/fund raiser and some event thing, both of which cost more money. I don't begrudge my child participating in school events, but damn this is starting to strain my already strained check book. Just how many more fund raisers and money events/items are there going to be this school year? I honestly don't recall my schooling to have involved as many $$$ events/items.

No comments: