Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Sinus Medication + Dice = Bad Combination

The last gaming session happened on a Saturday when I worked very late and did not get home until nearly 6 pm. That means I didn't get a nap. I look forward to my weekend naps almost more than fresh batteries in my BOB. I NEED my weekend naps. I only nap on Saturdays and Sundays, so my nap time is special, magical and sacred even. I was not going to get my nap that day. It was far to late. People would be showing up soon and I can not sleep while people are making noise - I'm a light sleeper. I started making Krabby Patties for the little people while debating taking some sinus medication for the sinus headache that had crept into my brain while driving home. I kept hoping it would just go away on it's own but it wasn't to be. It was getting a little worse.

Petey showed up right on time, which is an unusual event as he and The Bear are notoriously late (The Bear always blames it on Petey, but this is the 2nd or third time he has show up sans The Bear and been on time or close to it so I'm starting to suspect she's the temporal distortion in this situation).

While waiting for everyone to show up, Petey and I had a rousing sword (fake, padded swords) fight in the living room and part way up the stairs - damn everyone with longer reach than I! Then we proceeded to smack the giggling Little People (who were supposed to be eating dinner but were far to distracted by our activities) with the swords.

Everyone showed up for the game, even people I had speculated would not - as in Giggles and the Postman, the New Mrs. S and her husband and most surprising of all, Pat. As usual the game got a late start (I believe that's normal for all D&D games though). I had decided to take a sinus tablet about half an hour before we got started. During K's battle with The Dreaded Cold, he had purchased some non drowsiness 24 hour medication to help him survive the virus. I took that. I didn't want to fall asleep in a couple of hours.

I sat down on the sofa next to Pat so we could chat. We talked about kids and schools and other semi-serious type stuff. Suddenly I felt like I'd had 4 shots of Tequila in 30 minutes. The rest of this account is kind of sketchy as my memory of the game and the occurances around said game are somewhat sketchy in my memory.

I remember stating that I was looped and blaming it on mixing sinus medication and copious amounts of sugar. I actually recall zoning out and getting a mental "If you'd like to make a call, please hang up and dial again...", K said I had the 'Dunkin' Donuts' look (glazed), The Bear and Giggles were amused by this. I don't remember much of the game other than people telling me to roll dice and me saying "Hmmm... what?" when asked things. I pondered aloud if the medication I had taken was even street legal and speculated on making some extra money selling it. I'm still wondering just exactly where K purchased thoes tablets.

The Brain Sucking Shark

I recall mentioning to Pat and The New Mrs. S that the medication was making me high but my headache was still pounding. The New Mrs. S is a nurse and she suggested I get an ice pack. I did - well a ziplock with ice in it. K assisted in filling said bag with ice and I zipped it (took 4 or 5 tries much to K's amusement - fucker). I returned to the living room couch with the ice. Now what? I had to ask where to put the ice, I could not at this point fathom what exactly I would ice to rid myself of a headache. The New Mrs. S patiently (but with a smirk) advised me to ice my head, the frontal lobe, forehead to be exact. It was an epiphany for me. I slapped that ice on my forehead for a moment. I had to take it off, I felt as though I would freeze my very brain to death. With a chuckle I was informed that I should put a cloth around the ice pack. Ahhhh... to someone else that would have been obvious. K provided me with a light baby towel (ya know, the kind that has a little hood stiched on one corner), of which I placed my ice pack in the hood part and placed it on my head. Since I was at a dimished mental state, I placed the towel on my head with the hood part/ice pack hanging down on my forehead. Ahhhh... relief. Sometime later, The Bear informed me that it looked as though I had a shark biting my head. Ahhh a small brain sucking shark.

Pictures Worth A Thousand Snickers

The New Mrs. S's husband decided to take pictures of everyone at the game with his camera phone - so he could match the picture with the phone number. He asked K and I to sit next to each other (as we share the same phone number). I had my photo taken with the brain sucking shark on my head and holding AASM. He damn well better take another picture this coming weekend.

Late in the night I discovered a strange man in my bed**, which was a first for me - really, don't give me that look. The Postman had crashed with his little girl in my bed. I said to Giggles "Hey, there's a strange man in my bed, can I keep him?" I'm not sure she thought it was funny, and it probably wasn't, except to me at that very moment. **

Try as I might, I can't remember much of the actual GAME though. Ah well at least I didn't flash anybody.

Anyway, that's about all I can put together, Petey might have a more accurate account of the events (and the game) at some time though.

*disclaimer* due to sinus medication, the accounts and events of the night might be completly ficticious or extreemely exagerated.

** I discovered him in my bed as I walked through my bedroom to my bathroom, no I did not molest him - Honest!

No comments: