Thursday, October 14, 2004

Odd Discovery

While walking home from the bus with the little people, we discovered a couple of persimmon trees (or one very large one that's behind another tree - not sure, haven't checked really). The fruit on the tree isn't quite ripe yet so me and the children are watching the progress. I've never had a persimmon so I have no idea if they are even worth picking when they are ripe or if they should just be left for the racoons.

There are several pecan trees along the trail we walk as well. Since this is has been a particularly wet and mild summer the pecan trees have been bursting with nuts. I'm still debating taking the little people on a nut gathering trip - I really don't want to be cracking buckets and buckets full of nuts.

Anyway, it's odd to see things like that so close to me.

No comments: