Monday, October 28, 2002

Something I just found.. Top 10 Scariest Movies. Here is the list minus the movie info.

10. Eraserhead (1977)
9. The Exorcist (1973)
8. Halloween (1978)
7. Don't Look Now (1973)
6. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
5. Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
4. Suspiria (1977)
3. Night of the Living Dead (1968)
2. Repulsion (1965)
1. Psycho (1960)

Just missed: The Shining (1980); Jaws (1975); The Silence of the Lambs (1991); Dead Ringers (1988); Seconds (1966)

Now my comments: I was surprised that despite my great love for horror movies I am not familiar with 4 out of the 10. Who made up this list? I'm ok with Psycho being #1, it is a classic after all, but The Texas Chainsaw Massacre made the list? Was that supposed to be scary? And why was The Exorcist way down on #9? That is one scary movie... much more disturbing than Night of the Living Dead. I think Alien should have been part of this group. That movie scared me when I was 9 and it still scares me. Hmph...

So what is the scariest movie you've ever seen? and why did it scare you so much?
For me the movie that gave me sleepless nights was American Werewolf in London - I love that movie. I was it when I was 10 or 11, and I watched it by my self (what were my parents thinking!), but Amityville Horror came in a close second on that, my sister and I blatantly lied to our babysitter when we were little (I was just 7!!) and she took us to that instead of The Muppet Movie with the other kids. I had nightmares for a week! It's a good think we didn't talk her into the movie that I really wanted to see - Alien! Yikes - I'd still be scared from that one!

No comments: