Friday, November 01, 2002

Well it's Friday.. so it's time for The Friday Five

1. Were you raised in a particular religious faith?
No... I was baptised Catholic and went to Catholic school a couple of times in grade school. Mom wasn't really into religion, we'd go once or twice a year. Stepfather was Pagan but never discouraged us from whatever faith we wanted to pursue, but he didn't help either. At one time my sister and I asked them to take us to church and after much nagging on our part, they did, but then they weren't out there when we got out of church and we had to call them and it took them an our to come get us, so we didn't do that again.

2. Do you still practice that faith? Why or why not?
Yes, Lutheran (Missouri synod). When my husband and I were engaged he brought me to this church. I liked it, felt spiritually touched by it and accepted the Christian religion as my faith.

3. What do you think happens after death?
I think our souls go to heaven.

4. What is your favorite religious ritual (participating in or just observing)?
Baptism, infant or adult. It's an extremely spiritual moment for me to watch.. I cry every time.

5. Do you believe people are basically good?
I do, maybe that's just naive, but I do believe that people are basically good.

No comments: