Thursday, August 22, 2002

Ok, so I've been looking for a bag that has paint in it. I can't find it. I know I had it, I remember putting it someplace but ... I can't seem to locate the bag. It has a shit load of paints in it, so I really want to find it. I did however find a different bag that has some paints and all my brushes in it it. YAY! I had forgotten about that. I don't know if I"m going to just paint these items or decoupage them.. I've never done decoupage, but it looks pretty simple. I have 3 items I need to do. A stool, a small chair and a dresser. I think I'll wait on the dresser... I need to consult some people on that before I start anything. It's old, used to be my great grandmother's and needs some repair work done, also have the paint stripped. I have the replacement knobs for the dresser, but I'm not sure how I want to go about this... either paint it white and stensil/decoupage roses on the sides/front or stain it a light color and just put the knobs on... hmmm.... gotta think about that some more. I really don't want to screw up that dresser. It's not very big but it was my great grandmothers so it has some sentimental value.

I've been talking to my oldest nephew lately. He's 17 and just started his senior year in high school. That really freaks me.. I can't believe he is that old. The last time I saw him he was 11!! Now he's a tall handsome young man. And he's going to graduate early... that makes me very proud of him. Having a nephew who is 17 makes me feel older... I can't really say old, I really don't feel old.. but him being 17 is a trip. Hey S-Man! I love you!

Man that thing on the Life Gems that H posted on her blog was freaky! (www.mylifegem.com for thoes interested...) I mean it was morbid... but very interesting... I am sort of interested in them! And I just don't even want to tell you why, you all already think I'm a major freak (or reining Queen of the Dorks, depends on the day..) so I just can't tell you.

I went on a walk today, walked through the shopping center near me, and went into the Hastings. My hubby had told me about this Feng Shui CD for the computer he saw there ($5) but he didn't get it. I tried to find it but I could not. Bummer. But I guess my Feng Shui is good now. My Chi must be flowing well. Things are looking good for us. yesterday Hubby was all excited because we got a refund for our school taxes we have been paying for the past few years! YAY! It wasn't huge but, hey anything is a good thing. ;o)

Anyway.. I'm debating putting flowers and vines on the chair and stool or butterflies... I still don't know if I'll paint or decoupage it... Any thoughts?

No comments: