Wednesday, October 23, 2002

All right I'm here a bit early... some of my stuff got canceled. I did get a chance to have lunch at la Madeleine. ahhhh... that was heaven on earth. I love the tomato basil soup. I had a chicken sandwich but should have gotten them to put it on softer bread - hard bread and braces are a BAD BAD combination. I kept having to stop eating to dab up blood on my lips. Ouch. It was worth the injuries though. I have not eaten there in a long long time.

This morning I was reading the news paper (a real news paper, not online or anything) and gosh, I'm going to have to break my rule of not discussing political things in my blog. There was an article on Martha Stupid.. I mean Stewart... SEC is coming down on her. Good. Then there was an article on the death penalty... ohhhh... something I have strong opinions about... I will discuss this further when I get home this evening.. I have quite a rant building up in me on this one. Then there's the governors race here... sheesh... that's just stupid... not to mention the other political places being voted on... BUT... not right now... I'm at the library. Ya know.. I haven't even finished the front page of the paper either!

I'm a news junkie. I love to get the news. Relivant news that is. I hate when news stories get repeated ad nauseam (sp?). I've always like the news... I used to watch the news when I was little. I remember hopeing to get home from college by 10 pm (night classes) so I could see the last news cast. I know.. it's sick, but I do love the news...

Oh to other things... the most rediculous thing of today (so far)
I'm driving around here, and the road I was on went from 3 lanes on the side I was driving to just one - really abruptly - right after a light. I had been driving in the middle lane, and saw at the light that it squeezed down to just one lane, so I pushed my way in the line (thats just the way you have to drive around here). The guy driving the car I squeezed in front of was not happy about that, he was bound and determined to not let me in, but I did it anyway. So we are driving, and it's going not all that fast because of the construction on the right and everyone being in one lane. We get to a stop light, as soon as the light turned green and the truck in front of me started moving, the asshole behind me started honking (*note* that really pisses me off when I get honked at for no freaking reason). The next light he does the same damn thing, so I pull away kind of slow... knowing he's gotta be loving that. The next light he does the same damn thing.. and we are almost to the end of the construction.. I was so irritated with that prick, I just barely touched the gas. He's honking like crazy. As soon as we were past the construction, I speed up to the speed limit, look in my rear view mirror.. this idiot is going about 10 miles under the speed limit! WTF was he in such a hurry for? *sheesh* some people just have their heads up their asses.

Well.. that's about all for now.. gotta go find The Regulators and read some more in that disturbing novel. Although I haven't needed anything like that to help me have disturbing dreams.. no talking butts last night, but still whacked out dreams.

No comments: