Friday, October 25, 2002

whew.. Judy's tired tonight. There will be no great social commentary tonight.. No words of wisdom.. No enlightenment... ok, who am I kidding! It's not like that was in great abundance on here anyway! HAHAHAHAHA!

So I go to the Dr. today, she offers me a new form of birth control because I didn't like the pills she gave me last time. I got the patch.. Birthcontrol in a patch (you change it once a week.. I think I can manage to remember it once a week...) It looks cool. I'm sure I could have done the shot.. but I hate needles, or the implant thing... but.. that involves needles... sometimes getting cut and stiched up! or some other method.. I think this is going to work though. I had this crazy thought tonight... what if I were using the patch to try to quit smoking... and the patch to prevent pregnancy... and got them mixed up... could end up wearing the same nicotine patch for a week and end up pregnant... not a pretty thought.

I had to run back out to the store this eveing, to get tomatoes for the chili and pick up some videos. I had 45 mins until my husband got home, so I headed to hastings, took way too long to find anything watchable... then stood in line. This particular clerk is named Princess.. and I've been through her line several times. Everytime I go I tell her to look up my husbands card so I can rent the videos. She always acts like I'm asking her to cut off her damn arm. I tell her that I've rented videos like this several times before. she asks for my last name I give it to her, and I watch her grossly misspell it (*note - I have a very easy last name to spell - 5 little letters... and it's a common common name), so I spell it back to her, she misspells it again. I spell it out again... same reaction from her. She's adding letters to my name. Again I spell it - a little less friendly this time, she looks hard at the screen for the misspelling and I point out the extra letter. Sheesh. She get's the file up and tells me that I'm not listed on there as being able to rent videos on the account. I tell her that I am and I HAVE done it before. The line is getting longer be hind me, I guess she notices and relents to rent me 4 videos. Then off to the store for a few things, and I get back an hour later. An hour to go 5 minutes down the block to rent 4 videos and get a bag of groceries. What a world, what a world...

No comments: